UA-59651954-28 Crafty Allie: How I made my Bathroom Signs

Monday, July 7, 2014

How I made my Bathroom Signs



If you've followed my blog for a while 
then you know just how frugal I am. 
Oh I could have spent the whole $4 and $5 on blank canvases,but I saw some already 
painted on for only 50 cents 
a piece and I was like 
"YES PLEASE"!


Here is what they looked before
 I painted over them.




One was not painted all the way, and the other one was a paint by number kind of thing.
 It didn't break my heart too bad to cover 
the not so perfect art.

One the circus one I painted for colors:
Aqua blue
Silver
Copper
Brown/black

On the larger scenic canvas 
I painted it a a brown black color.


Then I selected my words, and 
cut them onto vinyl adhesive.



I selected this yellow color because I have a lot of it and I never really use yellow.


Then I positioned the wording on my canvas.




And then paint over with the desired paint color.

I got a little help from my daughter and her friend!
I love involving my daughter when I can. Its a great bonding experience, and she loves it.






I let the paint dry over night and then peeled up each letter, exposing the color underneath. 

Kinda wish I had used a ruler. My eye is not the best judge. Sigh...Oh well.

I still love the way they turned out. 
And they are a great addition to my new bathroom!




Thank so much for tuning in!
Until Next Time...






16 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Will def be trying it! Thank you for linking up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party. I have pinned your post to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Child labor! Love it! Thanks so much for linking up to the Merry Monday Link Party! We hope you'll join us next week! -Treana @ houseofbennetts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves doing crafts with me. No child labor here, lol.

      Delete
  3. Super Cute! I like that you put the kids to work too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta get it done somehow. In all actuality they slowed me down. But she will always be able to see it in the bathroom and know she helped make it :)

      Delete
  4. Great idea to paint over a cheaper, already used canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't normally think to do a canvas, but when I saw these for 50 cents I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great signs! Love them. Pinned. Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Thanks so much for stopping by Creative Spark Link Party. Hope you stop by today and link up again.http://bit.ly/1t2Ohhl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! They have a nice vintage touch to them too.
    Thanks for sharing this on my What Are You Doing? Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I will eventually have time to do great things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! I love this! Pinned and tweeted. Please join us tonight at 7 pm, and party with us. I can't wait to see your new masterpieces or amazing classics! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a really awesome and helpful article for me. I really appreciate your work for providing such useful information, thank you so much! here my site: hand bag manufacturers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking for a high-end grill that won’t drain your bank account? Some of the best gas grills on the market cost less than $1,000, including midsized and large models with impressive performance that are packing plenty of features for barbecue enthusiasts.

    ReplyDelete

You = awesome. Me = grateful.
You can’t see me but I’m totally doing a happy dance, thanks for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...